Status Update on Blog

Having committed to being more systematic in the research and the recording of such I am almost caught up with adding all the soldiers that I have found so far. I have on record 379 of the approximately 2,200 soldiers that served with the 18th Battalion during World War 1. Of those, approximately 85% are…

Updates on Blog

The journey continues… The organization taken to create some form of record keeping and organization for the soldiers’ information has paid off dividends. I have tried to be more consistent in formatting the pages of the soldiers entered into the blog and have also tried to maintain this consistency with the inclusion of the Attestation…

Update on Blog

The blog is progressing well and I am learning a lot along the way. At this time I have approximately 44 soldiers to be added to the Soldiers Pages in the blog where I have done the initial research and now need to go back and redo the research and properly document this in a…

Update on Blog

Some updates… February 1916 War Diary Entry Taking a more measured and thorough approach I am doing soldier research before I transcribe the war diary. An Excel database has been created to better organize the work that has been done to help track the research and prevent duplication of effort. One of the big jobs…

Update

This blog has been working to add soldiers to the Soldiers’s Pages from the research and transcription of the war diaries and from other sources. Currently I have 7 soldiers with initial research started and 23 soldiers, mostly officers, that have been listed and have no research done. One of the challenges of doing this…